We’ve never felt that a house is just a property on a piece of land. It’s a place for life to bloom. It’s a place for families to grow and make memories. It’s a home. But now, as we hunker down at home while navigating the unknowns, “home” has transformed into even more. It’s the gym, a 24/7 restaurant, a homeschool headquarters, a hair salon... and so much more.
We’ve enjoyed seeing the creative ways people are using and enjoying their homes during quarantine, so today, we’re sharing a few ideas of our own...
● Learn to “shelf cook” - There’s never been a better time to learn how to use what you already have. Shelf cooking is the art of cooking a delicious meal with just the ingredients you have on hand in your freezer, fridge and pantry. Get creative and experiment - there’s no right or wrong decision when there’s not a recipe to follow!
● Camp out at home - We’re already “camped out” at home, so why not host a backyard campout? Kids and adults alike will enjoy this activity and the memories made will be priceless! No tent? No worries. Host a backyard picnic instead. It’s a perfect way to get some vitamin D while social distancing.
● Slow down and stargaze - Phones, tablets and other devices have become commonplace in our lives. When was the last time you brought a chair outside to relax, look at the stars and reset? It’s a simple thing that can make a big difference in your mental health during this difficult time.
● Host a cooking class - Teaching kids how to cook is not just a boredom buster - it helps them learn essential life skills, too. Kids of all ages can help in the kitchen! When kids help cook the meal, they also tend to enjoy eating it more - a true win-win!
● Shop your space - Flex your creative muscles by going “shopping” throughout your home for things that could be used in a different room of the house. By rearranging the layout of your furniture, you can completely change the feel of a space without having to leave the house or buy anything new.
● Take a nature walk - Your yard is the perfect place for a nature walk. Try downloading a plant identification app to learn about the plant species found in your yard. Just take a photo of the plant and the app uses artificial intelligence (AI) to tell you what kind of plant it is and how to care for it.
● Look forward to date night - Plan an at-home “date” with your special person or invite the whole family! Choose a date a few days in advance and plan an evening. Try dusting off those board games and making some popcorn or grab a box of old photos and albums to look through while enjoying a glass of wine.
We’re here for you and are pleased to offer virtual options to stay safe while accomplishing your financial goals. Please give us a call at 508-986-6100 to speak with one of our experienced loan officers today, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply for a mortgage, click here.